Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ cup Sabra Guacamole
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups refrigerated hash browns
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 6-ounces (about 6 slices) bacon, cooked, crumbled
- ¼ to ½ cup favorite Sabra Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt butter in 9-inch pie pan. Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine all pancake ingredients. Using wire whisk, mix well.
- Pour pancake mixture into melted butter in pie pan and place in oven. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until pancake sides are puffy and light brown. Once done, remove from oven.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in 10-inch non-stick skillet. Add hash browns, onion and red pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until hash browns are light brown (6 to 7 minutes). Carefully turn over potatoes and continue cooking on second side until light brown (6 to 7 minutes).
- Add shredded cheese and crumbled bacon; continue heating until cheese begins to melt (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spoon hash brown mixture into center of puff pancake. Spoon guacamole in center of potatoes.
- Add salsa if desired.
Potato mixture should reach 165 degrees.