- 1-283g container of Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 226g small white or Cremini mushrooms, quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, hard boiled to garnish
Special Equipment: broad, shallow plate or platter
- Let Sabra Classic Hummus come to room temperature and place in a medium bowl (approx. 30 minutes).
- Sautée mushrooms in olive oil over high heat until golden brown and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place sautéed mushrooms in bowl and cover.
- Vigorously whip hummus with a wooden spoon or sturdy rubber spatula for 1-2 minutes. Hummus will incorporate air and look light and fluffy.
- Place hummus in the center of a broad, shallow plate or platter.
- Insert back of wooden spoon into the middle of hummus and turn bowl to create a center well.
- Place warm garnishes in center of hummus.
- Decorate with paprika, chopped parsley and extra virgin olive oil.
Serve with warm Pita Bread.