- 1-283g container of Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1-500g can of chickpeas
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 egg, hard boiled to garnish
- Pine nuts, toasted to garnish
Special Equipment: broad, shallow plate or platter
- Let Sabra Classic Hummus come to room temperature and place in a medium bowl (approx. 30 minutes).
- Strain and rinse chickpeas with cold water.
- Place chickpeas in small saucepan and add water.
- Cook on low heat with lid on until chickpeas are hot.
- Strain water and place cooked chickpeas in bowl.
- Vigorously whip hummus with a wooden spoon or sturdy rubber spatula for 1-2 minutes. Hummus will incorporate air and look light and fluffy.
- Place hummus in the center of a broad, shallow plate or platter.
- Insert back of wooden spoon into the middle of hummus and turn bowl to create a center well.
- Place warm garnishes in center of hummus.
- Decorate with paprika, chopped parsley and extra virgin olive oil.
Serve with warm Pita Bread.