Matt Basile's Deep Fried Grilled Cheese
- two slices of focaccia bread
- Havarti cheese
- Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus
- crispy pita chips
- 1 roma tomato
- brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- panko bread crumbs
- crumble feta
- lemon wedge
- Cut two slices of focaccia bread about 1/2 inch thick. Place one slice of Harvarti cheese on each side. Take 1 tbsp of Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus and spread down the centre of the bread. Top with crispy pita chips.
- Side: Take roma tomato and cut into coins. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Place in oven and bake at 325F for 12 minutes. Place tomatoes on sandwich, close and cut in half.
- Whisk two eggs. Place flour in separate bowl. Place panko bread crumbs in separate bowl.
- Dip sandwich into flour, then egg, then panko. Shake off excess.
- Pre-heat oil in a tabletop deep fryer to 325-375F. Place sandwich halves into one basket while using the other basket to submerge the first basket. Fry for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and let cool on paper towel.
- When serving, add salt, crumbled feta and lemon wedge.