Yield: 6 Servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Start To Finish: 1 hour
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat until very hot.
- Add Sabra Salsa and stir constantly for approximately 10 minutes until reduced into a thick paste.
- Add the chicken broth and partially cover.
- Simmer over medium-low for approximately 45 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 “ of vegetable oil in a fry pan and heat at medium to medium high. Test to see if the oil is hot enough by tossing in one of the tortilla strips. If it fries intensely throw 1/3 of the strips in and fry until crispy.
- Remove strips from pan and place on paper towels to degrease. Fry the remaining 2 batches in the same manner.
- Ladle into bowls and top with shredded cheese, avocado, a slice of lime and tortilla strips.